We offer SCHOOLS an exclusive and exciting opportunity to introduce food, cooking skills & healthy eating / nutrition to students through workshops and extra-curricular offers. These are delivered term time, we can come to you or depending on numbers, we have two off-site facilities which may be more suitable.
We have loved working alongside the Pretendy Chef, the children had loads of fun. Parents were happy and said it was a great way to introduce new foods to children. Staff were brilliant with the children, very friendly & approachable.The Sensory Place
The children and staff have really loved the sessions. They are very well planned and the delivery is superb! The children have learnt many new practical skills as well as their confidence of working with each other.Cambois Primary
The club has been a huge success and the children are really enjoying it.Rignway Primary
- To build basic skills – By counting, weighing, measuring, reading and understanding recipes and using vocabulary for communication with others.
- To explore senses – The sounds of cooking utensils such as whisks, the flavors and textures of various ingredients, the smell of cooked food and the taste variations.
- To boost confidence – The opportunity to show what they can do, to work as a team, the sense of achievement where SEN young people can experience the benefits of real live work experience.
- Simple small knife skills: cutting, peeling, grating
- Following simple recipes
- Simple preparation techniques: measuring, mixing
- Identifying fruits and vegetables
- Nutrition – portion size, balanced plate, 5-a-day, eat the rainbow
- What happens to ingredients when they are cooked?
- Baking – weight, measure, flours, baking powder and yeast
- Tasting, seasoning – introducing herbs and spices
The Kitchen Workshops would be delivered on-site where facilities allow and we would be there for around two hours which includes our prep / clear down time and up to 90 minutes of student work time.
Sessions can be offered during school time, pre-school or as an after-school activity.
|GOLD||22 sessions between Sept-July (max of 4 rescheduled sessions)|
|SILVER||8 sessions over 16 weeks, (max of 1 rescheduled session)|
|BRONZE||4 sessions over 8 weeks, (no reschedules allowed)|
Each package is fully inclusive of ingredients, resources, equipment & up to two staff for a maximum of 12 students per session. The number of sessions available can be spread out and delivered on a day/time you choose during the package delivery period (subject to availability)
THE NEXT STEP
To discuss your options or arrange an informal chat about the Kitchen Workshops, please speak to our business manager, Dave Lattimer via email email@example.com
READY TO BOOK?
If you wish to go ahead and make a formal booking request, please use the button below;